Friday, November 07, 2014

Taylor Swift Explains About Spotify Breakup But Feels Like A Lame Experiment.

Spotify Taylor Swift
We all have seen what Taylor Swift has done with her new album, 1.3 million sales in a week and the Spotify saga. This has happened last was with Eminem's 2002 album. And she was interviewed by Yahoo and she explained why she pulled out of Spotify. Feel like bunch of bull and last time I looked she did not have wings. Your music is not even in my radar but I do listen on radio and when you used to be on Spotify. Most artists I liked on streaming services like Spotify, I ended up purchasing. I guess I will never you now. I would rather be listening to Saw Lady :). I would like to point you to a better written article expressing the same thoughts on TechCrunch. And Youtube if you are hell bent on listening to her.

If I had streamed the new album, it's impossible to try to speculate what would have happened. But all I can say is that music is changing so quickly, and the landscape of the music industry itself is changing so quickly, that everything new, like Spotify, all feels to me a bit like a grand experiment. And I'm not willing to contribute my life's work to an experiment that I don't feel fairly compensates the writers, producers, artists, and creators of this music. And I just don't agree with perpetuating the perception that music has no value and should be free. I wrote an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal this summer that basically portrayed my views on this. I try to stay really open-minded about things, because I do think it's important to be a part of progress. But I think it's really still up for debate whether this is actual progress, or whether this is taking the word "music" out of the music industry. Also, a lot of people were suggesting to me that I try putting new music on Spotify with "Shake It Off," and so I was open-minded about it. I thought, "I will try this; I'll see how it feels." It didn't feel right to me. I felt like I was saying to my fans, "If you create music someday, if you create a painting someday, someone can just walk into a museum, take it off the wall, rip off a corner off it, and it's theirs now and they don't have to pay for it." I didn't like the perception that it was putting forth. And so I decided to change the way I was doing things.
 Yahoo

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin