Monday, October 08, 2007

Answer these six questions about VoIP IP Telephony!

I found this bunch of questions on the PC World Site. I like where they are going with this and I wanted to post this and add my own answers before going about reading the article that this and the original post direct us to.

It will be interesting to see how I answer. (The red is my answers and once I read the original articles, I will post my thinking in blue. That is if that really matters.) Follow the links to see for yourself.

VoIP is hot. The Gartner Group predicts that by 2008, VoIP-enabled systems will account for some 97% of all systems sold. But all that heat can raise some issues. We resolve to answer some of the more pressing questions you might be facing.

Can I trust Microsoft with VoIP?

I don't trust my computers with Microsoft. WGA and OGA
and I think it is better to keep what I wisper to my family and friends away fro Microsoft. May be some one else will listen in any case but I prefer it not to be Microsoft. (Don't get me wrong, I grew up thinking Bill Gates was an idol among few other people. Now I have taken l out and added added a t)

What really happens when I dial 911?

It will reach whon it intent to be. The problem now is that incumbent big boys has the ownership of 911 and will not share (unless compensated!). Money will pass hands and it will work
Is VoIP safe?
As much as air you breathe and the Internet connection that you use to read this post. Do you think that old POTs lines were safe?

Do I need a $1,000 IP phone?

Not unless you are Britteny Spear, kidding! Just like your home phone, what do you want it to do will decide the price. Why pay $1000 for a phone.

Will SIP ever be ready for the desktop?

It is already and I am using it. I do not know what you mean by ready? if you expect it to have 8 cylinder engine no it will not but it is ready. (Was windows 95, windows XP were ready when they released? yet millions, including myself went about using it.)

How do I run my business on Skype?

Like you run your business right now. Make sure your backup is there (POTS line)


The original article.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin