Tuesday, October 23, 2007

AT&T, Vonage Lawsuit Revisited.

I was already skeptical when I wrote this post about AT&T suing Vonage. But after reading an article by Information Week's Alexander Wolfe, I am enlightened now certainly know it is bull frog trying to swallow a small fry.
Mr. Wolfe has gone to pains analyzing the patent documents that seem to be the patent related to the case, (He was unable to get the court papers but I am sure some body soon will!). Just a few paragraphs into the article it is evident that this is an effort by lawyers to get some part of AT&T's easily earned money.
I whole heartedly agree with Mr.Wolfe that the US patent system is broken. So I am looking out for some body take US Patent office to court ;), I can't because I am a poor guy. And rich guys will not do it because Patents, specially broken ones, makes the rich ans keep them rich.
I invite you to read Mr.Wolfe's article, and to see for your self if this law suit has any merit. May be it is time to break up MA Bell again ;).

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin