Friday, October 26, 2007

VoIP Education and Training Needed for Sales People

I know you can get training on Asterisk at Digium, where education material and courses are provided for technicians, developers and self learners like me. But I could not find any sales training. Perhaps I did not look hard enough.
Shoretel gives training across the board and also sales training for channel partners. This trend goes to most of the companies that provide VoIP services and hardware. But does it applies to all companies? Do these companies like Vonage, Skype understand the value of educated sales people? I guess not. Although not something I really think about, a post by one my favorite bloggers got me thinking. Yes, a lot of people are ignorant when it comes to VoIP.
Russell Shaw at ZDNet has put it out interestingly...
"I have my own theory as to why this is. There’s plenty of vendor-supplied training and support from the H-P’s of the world. But to my knowledge, there aren’t alot of Vonage, Skype, Packet8, etc. support types offering sales clinics to Frys, MicroCenter, CompUSA or BestBuy types."

I believe a lot in education. So much that My best motto is "Educate yourself, Never Graduate" (the never graduate is not really true, but I remained at the university.)

So People, get your heads together teach those who does your selling.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin