Research In Motion (RIM) is hosting the upcoming eighth annual Wireless Enterprise Symposium (WES). The Symposium is slated to be held from May 5-7, 2009 in Orlando, Florida.
WES 2009 attracts industry innovators and leaders from around the world to share insights on the BlackBerry platform and a wide range of other wireless products and services. I have always enjoyed the symposium in addition to learning a whole lot every year.
WES 2009 co-sponsors include Cisco, Hewlett Packard, IBM, AT&T, BoxTone, Brightstar, Chalk Media, Conceivium Business Solutions, Google, Lenovo, SAP, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless, Viigo, Vodafone and Zenprise. Leading experts from Forrester Research, IDC, Yankee Group, and CCS Insight will also be presenting at WES 2009.
The Symposium also adds an impressive line-up of keynote speakers:
- Mike Lazaridis: Mr. Lazaridis is recognized in the global wireless community as a visionary, innovator, and engineer of extraordinary talent. He is Founder, President and Co-CEO of Research In Motion (RIM) and is responsible for product strategy, research and development, product development, and manufacturing.
- Robert J. Picciano: Mr. Picciano is General Manager for Lotus and WebSphere Portal Software at IBM and oversees an extensive portfolio of collaboration tools designed to empower people to be more effective, responsive and innovative within the context of the work they do.
- Laurent Philonenko: Mr. Philonenko is Vice President and General Manager of the Cisco Unified Communications business unit, which provides messaging, conferencing and desktop and phone client solutions including video and mobility.
- Eric C. Haseltine: Mr. Haseltine is President and Managing Partner, Haseltine Partners LLC, as well as Former 'CTO' for the U.S. intelligence community and former head of Walt Disney Imagineering. Mr. Haseltine has more than 100 publications in science and technical journals, the web and Discover Magazine.
- Shane Robison: Mr. Robison is Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy and Technology Officer at Hewlett Packard where he is responsible for shaping HP's overall corporate strategy and technology agenda and oversees the company's corporate marketing function.
- Malcom Gladwell: Best-selling author of Outliers, The Tipping Point and Blink, Mr. Gladwell has been named as one of the 100 Most Influential People by Time Magazine. He is also known to have an incomparable gift for interpreting new ideas in the social sciences and making them understandable, practical and valuable to business and general audiences alike.
(Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM)