Thursday, April 16, 2009

GeoCaching WIth iPhone.

GeoCaching WIth iPhone.
I have been a member of Geocaching.com for a while and when I visited today, I found a bit of news about a GeoCaching application for iPhone. I have played with a few geocaching apps for iPhone, so far was not very satisfied with the ones that I came across.
But GroundSpeak's geocching app for iPhone seems to be promising and I am certainly going to try. Utilizing the iPhone 3G use of GPS, Wi-Fi positioning and cell towers combination to determine your approximate location, Groundspeak's iPhone App finds geocaches near your location from the Geocaching.com database in real-time. The app is also capable of geocoding addresses, search using a location from your address book, or look up a geocache by its GC code.
May be this weekend will be a good time to test it out as it promises to bring some warm weather.
The App works best on iPhone 3G and iPod touch and iPhone 1G are also supported without all the jingles like navigation in iPhone 1G.
Another app for my iPhone App Collection.

Geocaching.com



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin