Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Judging VoIP and Vetting it Afterwards, The Quality

If I did not read the header or the complete article, I would have thought Ephraim Schwartz at Infoworld was talking about Cellular Phones and Services;
So read this before going over to read this article(read the comments) and the new one he wrote, Vetting the Quality of VoIP, as well. So if this is the real scenario, I sure we will have a happy endings, once we iron out the edges.

"Problems? Where do I begin. Let me count the ways.

1. Scratchy connections with lots of static.
2. Dropped calls in the middle of a conversation.
3. Spotty coverage within a single household with dead spots.
4. One-way conversations, that are supposed to be two-way,
but unfortunately, I can't hear the other person
although they can hear me.
5. Certain local numbers not accessible. I am told I
have reached a non-working number. [Go figure.]"


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin