Thursday, November 08, 2007

Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, or Speech Impaired can Make realtime Voice Calls with SnapVRS.


I have some good news today for all of you and two of my friends. I have two friends whom I do Physics Research. Among other researchers, these two are unique, we live continents apart, I know Japanese, they can communicate in English. We have worked together for years but we have not spoken! Because I do not know Sign Language. :(., and I am not good at texting either!. We always have to resort to writing and some times we have gone through interpreters when we really had to speak!
I think now, I have found a way to speak to these two unique individuals, through a service provided by SnapVRS.

Snap!VRS, a video relay service that enables people who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, or Speech Impaired to improve the connection with people in their personal and business life when they use the Ojo video phone to conduct true-to-life video relay calls through qualified sign language interpreters over a high-speed Internet connection. Using Ojo, customers dial "711" and communicate with the interpreter using sign language while the interpreter simultaneously relays the comments in spoken English to the standard telephone user.
This should be a good early Xmas gift!
To learn more about Snap!VRS, visit www.snapvrs.com.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin