MetroPCS Introduces Samsung Craft With It's 4G LTE Network http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/
MetroPCS Communications Inc. (NYSE: PCS) took the honors of launching commercial 4G LTE services in the United States with its introduction of the world’s first commercially available 4G LTE enabled handset, the Samsung Craft™, offering talk, text and 4G Web access starting as low as $55 per month including taxes and regulatory fees. The service will initially be limited to Las Vegas, Nev., with service expanding into the remaining MetroPCS cities throughout the year.
Keeping up it's tradition of unlimited, no-annual-contract, flat-rate wireless services, MetroPCS is once again leading the industry as the only no-annual-contract operator to offer 4G LTE services
“The Internet is going mobile, and we are placing the true power of the Internet directly in our customers’ hands, when and where they need it. By offering affordable, predictable and flexible 4G services on a no-contract basis, MetroPCS delivers immediate benefits to our customers and is positioned to meet their evolving needs well into the future, We are delivering a 4G LTE service that is unmatched in value and positions MetroPCS as a full-service broadband wireless provider – a giant step for our business.” ” said Roger D. Linquist, president, CEO and chairman of MetroPCS.
You can select two plans to experience 4G LTE services costing $55 or $60. In addition to offering talk, text and a faster 4G Web experience initially on an unlimited basis, MetroPCS is introducing many new applications and features that take advantage of its 4G LTE network, including:
- MetroSTUDIOSM, powered by RealNetworks, is available on the $60 service plan. MetroSTUDIO is a new source of multimedia content, including access to full-track downloads, ringtones and ring-back tones, as well as premium video content from NBC Universal, Black Entertainment Television (BET) and Univision, available on-demand and on-the-go from one easy-to-use application.
- A new social networking and instant messaging aggregation application, which harnesses notifications, friends and content from the Facebook, MySpace and Twitter social networks and AIM, MSN and Yahoo! IM clients into a single interface that consumers can access with one click.
- Upgraded MetroNavigator® feature with the addition of voice-activated GPS and turn-by-turn directions.
- Incredible clarity and rich color for viewing crystal-clear multimedia and video images with its 3.3 inch AMOLED (Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) screen.
- A 2GB microSD card preloaded with Paramount Pictures’ hit movie “Star Trek.”
- A combination touch screen, slide-out QWERTY keyboard and Samsung’s TouchWiz™ user interface to surf and text message with whichever input format users prefer.
- A 3.2 megapixel camera with flash and camcorder to capture images that can be shared while on the go on MetroPCS’ fast 4G network.
- Wi-Fi capability.
MetroPCS’ Las Vegas 4G LTE network, built with a partnership with Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), will cover the majority of MetroPCS’ existing CDMA network footprint in Las Vegas. 4G LTE network rollouts in the remaining MetroPCS markets are planned for later this year and early 2011. MetroPCS plans to further expand 4G LTE coverage in 2011, along with the launch of additional devices to increase MetroPCS’ portfolio of feature phones, touch screens, smartphones and 4G handsets.