Avaya Flare http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/
Avaya seems to be going new places their new Avaya Flare bringing collaboration with video,voice, text together. The system can span from a single desktop to a multi screen room systems. The Avaya Aura, SIP based Unified Communications server technology provides the backbone for multi-vendor, multi-location, and multi-model communications.
The system makes video calls and conferencing as easy as making a phone call, something everybody is capable of, by utilizing the same platform for both.
Following is the press release;
"To be fully productive, employees need to simply connect via easy-to-use, fully integrated video, voice and text capabilities," Kennedy said. "This is the heart of Avaya's people-centric approach to collaboration and the means to faster, better results with less effort and a lower total cost of ownership. We're delivering a more potent collaboration experience at one-third the cost using substantially less bandwidth over other solutions on the market today."
- An intuitive, 'touch and swipe' user interface from which employees can communicate in any mode, check messages, schedule meetings
- and appointments, and receive alerts or reminders
- Drag-and-drop voice and video calling and conferencing, with the ability to separate from a call for sidebar interactions via voice, email or IM, and subsequently rejoin the conference without interrupting the call in progress
- A virtual 'Rolodex' that provides a singular view of multiple directories, including corporate and personal, Facebook, Twitter and others. Users flip through to find the person with whom they want to collaborate, see their availability, select the preferred mode of communication and launch the connection
- The ability to download productivity and business applications, including the ever-growing set of Android-based tools
- Avaya one-X® Communicator Desktop Video Soft Client, which provides cost-effective SIP-based video in a comprehensive UC desktop interface that offers tools such as IM, presence, click-to-video conference and integrates with desktop environments from Adobe, IBM and Microsoft.
- Avaya 1010 and 1020 video systems for workgroup or small conference rooms, which provide high quality, simple-to-use video in a small, cost-effective footprint suitable for two or three people.
- Avaya 1030, 1040 and 1050 video systems for mid- to large-size conference rooms, which are dual-screen systems allowing content-sharing along with the face-to-face video conferencing experience. The 1040 and 1050 also include integrated, multi-party conferencing bridges for connecting multiple sites.
- Avaya Videoconferencing Manager 6.0, which provides a breadth of management tools, including conference scheduling, configuration and monitoring accessible from Avaya Aura System Manager.