Elgato has released their newest version of EyeTV App, EyeTV App 1.1 is a universal app, meaning it will be at home on both iPhone and iPad. It is also compatible with iOS 4.If you are already a EyeTV owner, the update is free but if you are new, get ready to fork over $5.
Another requirement is that you need have a MAC OS X Computer running EyeTV software 3.3.3 or higher and configured with a compatible TV tuner, and apparently you’ll need a Core 2 Duo processor if you want to stream live television.With EyeTV, one will be able to watch, record live TV on iPhone or iPad via a 3G or Wi-Fi connection. TV buffs will be able to take their great TV shows along with them. Here are some stuff one will be able to do;
- Watch live TV and change channels anywhere (via a Wi-Fi or 3G connection)
- Watch your EyeTV recordings
- Browse the comprehensive Program Guide and view details
- Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them for later
- View and edit your recording schedules
- Automatically launch EyeTV on your Mac at home as needed
All is good and I think it will be nicer to watch TV on iPad than on iPhone. Obviously, taking in to account of the AT&T network, it might be better if one sticks to WiFi to watch streaming TV.
App Store via elgato