Saturday, January 19, 2008

Asterisk 1.6 Beta1 Ready For Testing

"The Future of Open Source VoIP is Asterisk 1.6" was mentioned a few times in the past here and elsewhere and now it has arrived, at least the beta, Asterisk 1.6 Beta1. I have been plying with it from SVN but the Asterisk dev team announced that the official release of beta to get more people involved in testing.
I idea is more people test the release 1.6, sooner it can leave testing stages and go into main stream release.
Also remember that Asterisk 1.6 will be the first major release of Asterisk since 1.4, which was released just over one year ago. This release contains a number of new features, as well as architectural improvements for improved performance. The changes since asterisk 1.4 could be found here. The Readme file for the release is here.
I also have been testing A New Channel Driver For Asterisk, chan_unistim. with Nortel phones as I have them in a VoIP Solution that I have proposed to an institution and myself is using one of them.
Release info at Asterisk.org
tag: , , , , ,, ,

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin