Qualcomm Introduces New Mobile MSM7x30 Chipsets And Dual-carrier HSPA+ and Multi-Mode 3G/LTE chipsets
Qualcomm mobile CPU snapvoip.blogspot.com
If you were happy to read about snapdragon CPUs that some of the phones from Toshiba and Acer, you will find those specs to be of everyday mobile sets, once Qualcomm gets through the marketing of it's new chipsets. The MSM7x30 utilizes 800 MHz to 1GHz custom superscalar CPU based on the ARM v7 instruction set. The other chipset should connect to your carrier(s) easily and surf faster, depending on who is your carrier! .
The new CPU chpsets,
The MSM7x30 family of chipsets, which includes the MSM7230(TM) solution for HSPA+ networks and MSM7630(TM) solution with multi-mode HSPA+/EV-DO Rev. B and SV-DO support, is designed around optimal data throughput and powerful multimedia functionality. The 7x30 has the same market-leading Scorpion CPU as previously commercialized in the Snapdragon QSD8x50 chipset. The 7x30 uses an 800 MHz to 1 GHz custom superscalar CPU based on the ARM v7 instruction set, delivering exceptionally high-end processing at low power to support features that include:Dual-carrier HSPA+ and LTE are network innovations that provide the ability to deliver more advanced data capabilities to mobile devices, supporting more compelling applications and richer user experiences. A wide variety of network operators, infrastructure vendors and mobile device manufacturers are now working with Qualcomm to enable the deployment of these next-generation network technologies in new markets worldwide. Interoperability testing with infrastructure partners is already underway with multiple field trials scheduled for the first half of next year. Commercial launches of data-centric devices based on Qualcomm's MDM solutions are expected to begin during the second half of 2010.
- 720p high-definition video encode/decode at 30 frames per second
- Integrated 2D and 3D graphics GPUs with support for OpenGL ES 2.0, and OpenVG 1.1 industry standard APIs
- Dedicated low-power audio subsystem supporting 5.1 surround
- 12-megapixel camera support
- Integrated GPS for location-based services
- Support for leading mobile operating systems, including Android, Windows Mobile, Brew Mobile Platform and Symbian
- Support for package-on-package memory for reduced board space, optimized power consumption and more responsive performance
MSM7x30 family of chipsets
HSPA+ and Multi-Mode 3G/LTE chipsets