Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ebay Completes Sale Of Skype!

Sale Of Skype! Done, Again.
Skype is Sold, yes Again to a group of investors including Silver Lake Partners, Joltid (i.e. the company founded by Skype’s original founders), the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and VC firm Andreessen Horowitz.
At the sale, Skype was valued at 2.7 Billion according to the Ebay announcement. Ebay has recieved 1.9 Billion in cash and notes valued at 125 Million.
Ebay also hold a 30% stke of Skype and the rest 70% is held by the conglomerate. Recently Ebay settled with Skype founders for 14% stake and board seats. Whatever the results are, Skype founders seem to be the real winners. Hope they will not sue themselves in the future.
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) announced today that it has successfully completed the previously announced sale of its Skype communications unit in a deal valuing the business at $2.75 billion. The buyer, who will control an approximately 70 percent stake, is an investor group led by Silver Lake and includes Joltid Limited and certain affiliated parties, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Andreessen Horowitz.
eBay received approximately $1.9 billion in cash and a note from the buyer in the principal amount of $125 million. The company retained an approximately 30 percent equity investment in Skype. The company also purchased senior debt securities with a face value of $50 million as part of a Skype debt financing.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin