Polycom has released a new video phone VVX 1500, a business media phone that combines a personal video conferencing system with a fully featured voice over IP (VoIP) telephone with Polycom HD Voice(TM) and an open application programming interface (API) and microbrowser for real-time delivery of personalized Web content as well as integration with key business applications.
"There is growing demand from our service providers and customers to help them configure video within our BroadWorks call control platform," said Mike Tessler, CEO of BroadSoft. "We have a long history of teaming with Polycom to deliver high quality hosted VoIP solutions, and the VVX 1500 is especially compelling because it goes far beyond the functionality of a traditional video phone by combining rich telephony, business-class video and an applications platform that is all deeply integrated with the BroadWorks platform, and it is extremely easy to use." Broadsof has been working closely with Polycom bringing the VVX 1500 to the market.
With such advancements in video technology, Polycom is yet to learn technologies like YouTube or vimeo. Otherwise I could have embeded a demo video (WMV only) available at Polycom.
According to Polycoms site;
Features and Benefits
- Intuitive, color touch-screen interface for voice, video and applications
- Six-line, feature-rich phone with Polycom HD Voice™
- Instant, one-touch business-grade video conferencing right from the desktop
- Adjustable camera, base, and display to suit the environment and provide eye-level visual interactions
- Highly customizable applications platform with open Polycom XML API , integrated microbrowser and USB 2.0 for applications
- Bundled with productivity and personalization applications, including Polycom Productivity Suite, Polycom My Info Portal and Digital Photo Frame
- Deep IP PBX integration with a variety of Polycom Voice Interoperability Partners (VIP)
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) switch for bandwidth-intensive applications
- IEEE 802.3af powered at under 11W maximum for a "green" world
- Smart motion detection to enable the screen to go to power-save mode when no one is in the office