Friday, April 11, 2008

Google Talk, Labs Edition With New notifications For Google Calendar, Orkut scraps, Gmail messages, and Talk chats

I have been using, testing and experimenting with Google Talk for a long time (Even gave it a new name! Gooletalk),. When at one time project went quiet, I was even a bit sad. But Google Talk is alive and well!. A new version called Google Talk, Labs Edition has been released. It has all the features of the Google Talk gadget (but runs outside a browser), plus it adds new desktop notifications that remind you of appointments and alert you the moment messages arrive. There are notifications for Google Calendar appointments, Orkut scraps, Gmail messages, and Talk chats (of course).
For me the calendar and email notification is very important as I tend to forget to look at both in constant manner. Specially since I work with various projects remotely, keeping up with email and appointments are very important. My computer is on the way to become a total Google Desktop as I am using Google for email, chat, calendaring, Apps and docs and of course Android development.

Jonathan McPhie, Associate Product Manager asks you to Give Google Talk, Labs Edition a try and let them know what you think!.
I think it definitely a walk in the right direction.
Google Talkabout: New notifications in Google Talk, Labs Edition

tag: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin