Thursday, September 06, 2007

Whole world on your phone with Mig33

When you hear the word MIG and when you are as old as me, the only thing comes to mind is the Cold war era Russian fighter Jets. But Russell Shaw pointed me to a another form of MIG. MIG33 is heading our way to make a jolt in the mobile communication sphere!
After listening to Russell's advise I also started playing with MIG33 and I think it is a formidable application. According to the website, mig33 is an operator-agnostic global community that makes the most popular Internet applications accessible on any mobile phone. That means consumers can take advantage of low-cost VoIP calls, SMS and IM communications tools, and participate in mobile chat rooms, profiles, and photo sharing, all directly from their mobile phone. I have not tested all the features. The other thing is I use phone for what is originally meant to be, to make calls. (That might change now that Apple has made iPhone affordable and hacks are public!). I have to warn you though, about pricing! MIG33 might still need to polish their pricing. I mostly call Japan and Germany and I already get better rates mobile to mobile. But what matters here is the modus operandi.
But most of the features are available even from a pc. The first thing I tried out was make a call following the instruction on site!;

To make a call back using SMS:

  1. Send an SMS to "+447717989963" with **
    • Needs to be sent from your mig33 registered mobile number

  2. mig33 will connect both numbers together using mig33's call back technology.
MIG33


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin