The Asterisk Development Team announced the availability of the first beta release of Asterisk10, Asterisk 10.0.0-beta1. The release is available download and consumption at Asterisk download site.
As we mentioned before, Digium and Asterisk.org has dropped "1." from the Asterisk version numbers and the new Asterisk 10 branch, will continue to march forward.
Of course Asterisk team is requesting your participation in testing, we are testing it with PIAF-RED;
All interested users of Asterisk are encouraged to participate in the Asterisk 10 testing process. Please report any issues found to the issue tracker. It is also very useful to see successful test reports. Please post those to the asterisk-dev mailing list.
All Asterisk users are invited to participate in the #asterisk-testing channel on IRC to work together in testing the many parts of Asterisk. Additionally users can make use of the RPM and DEB packages now being built for all Asterisk releases. More informationAsterisk 10 is the next major release series of Asterisk. It will be a Standard support release, similar to Asterisk 1.6.2. For more
information about support time lines for Asterisk releases, see the Asterisk versions page:
A short list of included features includes:
* T.38 gateway functionality has been added to res_fax.
* Protocol independent out-of-call messaging support. Text messages not
associated with an active call can now be routed through the Asterisk
dialplan. SIP and XMPP are supported so far.
* New highly optimized and customizable ConfBridge application capable of mixing
audio at sample rates ranging from 8kHz-192kHz
* Addition of video_mode option in confbridge.conf to provide basic video
conferencing in the ConfBridge() dialplan application.
* Support for defining hints has been added to pbx_lua.
* Replacement of Berkeley DB with SQLite for the Asterisk Database (AstDB).
* Much, much more!
A full list of new features can be found in the CHANGES file.
For a full list of changes in the current release, please see the ChangeLog: