While touting to be the only Major Carrier to Offer IP Security Tunnel to Maintain End-to-End Confidentiality and Integrity of Data, Verizon has taken some major steps to make it's wholesale VoIP services very attractive. First and foremost is the security and integrity of customer data offered in variety of packages. You can read more in the press release after the jump.
Currently Verizon also offers some promotions for the VoIP services;
NEC IP PBX - SIP Gateway Bundle Promotion:
• 48 or 60 month 0% Fair Market Value Purchase Option: lease plan for NEC IP PBXs
• Offers a 40% saving on monthly recurring charge for Two-way Local and Two-way complete Telephone
• Applicable to New and Existing SIP Gateway Customers
• Promotion Period end June 30, 2010
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., May 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Global Wholesale is now offering additional functionality for three of its product platforms, providing voice-over-Internet-protocol customers with a secure connection for transmitting information over the Internet and other public networks.
SIP Gateway Install Waiver:
• Waives any installation charge associated with new TN’s being ported over to the Verizon network under the
SIP Gateway product
• This promo waives the install charges for both Ported and Native TNs
• Promo in effect for 6 months from the signing of the promotional addendum
• Customers must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this promotion:
o Signed SIP Gateway Attachment to their TSA or WTSA
o Provided a forecast of anticipated number of TNs
o Completed interoperability testing
• Subscription period ends June 30, 2010
SIP Gateway Telephone Number MRC Promotion:
• Offers a reduced monthly recurring charge for Two-way Local and Two-way complete Telephone numbers of
• This rate applies to Two-way Local with metered local or Two-way Complete with metered local telephone
• Applicable to New Customers only
• Subscription period ends June 30, 2010
This new functionality enables the product platforms -- SIP Gateway Service, Advanced Toll Free IP Termination and Carrier IP Termination Transport -- to share a single, secure virtual private network connection called an IP Security (or IPSec) tunnel. Currently, Verizon is the only major provider offering this connection, which provides additional security during call setup. Because IPSec is an industry standard and supported by most major equipment vendors, there is no need to create vendor-specific security protocols.
"We bypass other security protocols in favor of IPSec tunnel because it offers the greatest level of flexibility to meet our customers' security needs for VoIP traffic," said Mike Yancey, director of wholesale voice services for Verizon Business. "Verizon wholesale customers can rest assured we go the extra mile to protect their business traffic on our world-class global network."
An IPSec tunnel maintains integrity and confidentiality because all data is encrypted prior to transmission, then authenticated upon receipt to verify the data has not been altered. The source of the data is also authenticated to prevent the possibility of such security breaches as "spoofing" an IP address – a fraudulent network technique in which a program or person masquerades as another.
Verizon's wholesale VoIP products continue to grow as more customers migrate from traditional voice platforms to IP platforms while taking advantage of the quality and extensive reach of the Verizon network.
Verizon's SIP Gateway Service, which carries billions of minutes of use each quarter, comes in four configurations: Inbound Complete, Two-Way Local, Two-Way Complete and Outbound.
SIP Gateway Services are complemented by Carrier IP Termination Service. This offering allows customers to take advantage of the cost savings of originating long-distance traffic and terminating that traffic via SIP protocol over a global network.
Verizon's Advanced Toll Free Service, which has been growing since its introduction in 2008, allows U.S.-based customers to support toll-free calling solutions on a global basis. Verizon's International Toll Free Service supports in-country toll-free dialing outside the U.S. across more than 80 countries and Universal International Freefone Numbers across more than 40 countries, giving customers a superior offering that combines expansive coverage with flexible configurations and robust features.
Verizon's SIP Gateway Service
Carrier IP Termination Service.
Advanced Toll Free Service