Friday, December 18, 2009

Twitter DNS Hack Defaces Twitter Home Page

Tweeting Twitter Hack snapvoip.blogspot.com


While I was partying last night at a friends B'day party, Twitter got hacked by some gorup calling themselves “Iranian Cyber Army” The hackers were focused on defacing Twitter home page that harming users. (But what if they forwarded to a password stealing site pretending to be Twitter?)
The combined efforts of many organizations, Twitter, DNS Provider and the defaced page hoster have worked together to bring the twitter back up again.
I even did not know about the hack until now as after the party I sent a few tweets without any trouble. But now I know where not to host my DNS, DYN, even if Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube and Vimeo uses them.

Twitter

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin