Monday, July 27, 2009

Apple Blocks Google Voice, Looks Like AT&T telling Apple What To Do!


AT&T Helps Apple To Go Rotten



This is what a Google spokesperson has to say regarding Apple Skywalker bowing down to AT&T Emperor. Skywalker and emperor bits are mine.
"We work hard to bring Google applications to a number of mobile platforms, including the iPhone. Apple did not approve the Google Voice application we submitted six weeks ago to the Apple App Store. We will continue to work to bring our services to iPhone users — for example, by taking advantage of advances in mobile browsers." Yes Google Voice on iPhone works fine for me over the browser but I would have loved to have an Google Voice App. The Google Voice on Android, works great!

Apple had begun to pull all Google Voice-enabled applications from the App Store, citing the fact that they “duplicate features that come with the iPhone”.
I use many a Google tools because they make my life easier. I was using Google Voice, when it was GrandCentral and was one of the early users of Google Voice. Same goes for the iPhone but I waited till iPhone 3G to make it a daily used tool.
My Google Voice pints to my iPhone number. Some of my numbers are on Google voice and I get to route all these calls to anywhere I want any time I want. Just because I forgot my iPhone, I do not have to do away with getting calls.
Anyway I jumped when I read the article on TechCrunch on the issue.
Yes I am mad that mighty apple decided to bow down to AT&T, Where are you Steve?
Go read Jason Kincaidarticle about rotten apple, getting worse.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin