Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Skype!

When Skype was first born, it was so buggy that I gave up after first try but my colleague kept on using and insisting that we too use it! That seems a long time ago and now I have the the benefit of five years of hindsight and thousands of minutes on Skype under my belt.

I think Niklas Zennström, Janus Friis and their team of Estonian programmers knew what they were doing and where they wanted to go. But I am sure it it was far shorter, (again guessing) than what ebay wanted to pay for it!. Yet I feel that it needs a boost in the arm to recapture the money it spent on skype.

So far loyal and not so loyal users like me have amassed more than 100 billion minutes of Skype among them and yes it is a good sign. We wish you billions more minutes and enought reasons to write about, like uninstall skype, which has been a constant traffic source for this excuse for a VoIP Blog.

Happy Birthday Skype!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin