Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ebay CEO, Meg Whitman Steps Down

Meg Whitman is stepping down as chief executive of eBay after a decade. I was her idea that every CEO should step down after 10 years to seek new professional challenges and to avail opportunity for fresh leadership. Following her own edict, she will step down March 31 from her CEO position but will remain on the board.

"It's time for eBay, and this community, to have a new leadership team, a new perspective, and a new vision," according to a post on the company blog.

"It’s with great pride and a strong sense of accomplishment that I leave this post and hand it over to the capable leaders we have in John and Rajiv. I’ve known both of them for many years and have believed for a long time that they are the ideal people to steer eBay into the future.

eBay is in my blood and always will be, so I'm not stepping back completely; I will remain on eBay’s Board of Directors. And of course, I'll keep buying and selling on the site."


tag: , ,

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin