If you have got an Google Account and you may know that you can use Google talk for communicating with your pals, buddies and anyone who happened to have a Googletalk acount. iChat from Apple has been in use for ages and most Apple users have it on their desktop. But did you know that you could use iChat to communicate over Google Talk (or Gooletalk as known here!).
To set up your iChat to communicate over GoogleTalk;
1. Open iChat.
2. From the iChat menu, select Preferences...
3. Click Accounts along the top of the dialogue box.
4. Click the + button along the bottom to add a new account.
5. Select Jabber Account from the Account Type drop-down menu.
6. Enter the following information in the appropriate fields:
* Jabber ID:
- * If you're signing in with a Gmail or Google Mail username, enter your full email address.
- * If your Google Talk username isn't associated with any Google email product, add @gmail.com to the end of your username. For example, iloveyoko will become firstname.lastname@example.org. (it is better to get a Google user account as you could use it for other services from Google)
- * If you're a Google Apps user, enter your full email address (email@example.com).
* Password: Your password.
* Server: talk.google.com
7. Click Add.
8. Highlight your new account in the Accounts section, and then click Server Settings.
9. Enter the following information in the appropriate fields:
- * Server: talk.google.com
- * Port: 5223
11. Enter iChat in the Location field. If this field is left blank, you won't be able to sign in.
Congratulations! Now you're now ready to connect to Google Talk using iChat and connect with your friends.
Ref Google talk help.