Saturday, December 22, 2007

Skype Snubbs Users Again

I have been a follower of Skype for a long while. But was never really happy with it and on the other hand I did not use it much. I had to use it to know about it. But never liked some of their practices. I am in the forum, I ask some not so nice questions, I post articles how to remove Skype, How not to be a skype super node. I also write good things about skype if they managed to do something good, like the new video enhancement.
Yet I have managed not to get banned by Skype, may be because they can't find me on the forum ;), I guess not.

But the Video enhancement I spoke about has created trouble for some other people. The fact that it takes considerable resources to run, has kept majority of people, possibly 95% of skype users according to a post I am about to introduce, from enjoying the high definition video conversations. I happen to have brand new quad core machine and I borrowed a Logitech Webcam to test, so I did not have any problems. But this it self has managed to get one user banned from skype forums. A user who was helpful to others, who were having video problems.
The Video problem, which does not work if you do not have a logitech webcam and a powerful machine, has brought, reactions similar to take it or leave it from skype according to a post I read today on ZDNet Community. Looks like users don't like the new product that is bundled with arrogance.
The post concludes with; "
I will leave you now with a question to ponder on, is Skype a viable product for you as a person or your company considering all the current problems that there are, which I am sure will be discussed at another time by somebody else."
With the recent trouble with 207 numbers and now with this, looks like Skype is joining Big Boys like Microsoft.
Tags: , , , ,

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin