Friday, December 28, 2007

One Millionth Asterisk downloaded! Congratulations Digium!!

Congratulations, Digium and the People involved with Asterisk. The team had announced the one millionth download of asterisk software. I am sure I contributed to this number by a few downloads for myself, campus and some of the clients. Those clients are happy campers at Digium as well. I do not have capacity to support every client of mine that I introduce to Asterisk. So I usually get them to sign up for support at Digium.
But the numbers are rising so, I think I need to make a resolution in January. Perhaps sign up to be a reseller or consultant. Because I see the business aspect of the hobby that I am involved with. These numbers and performance by Digium only strengthen possibility of adding Asterisk and of course Digium to my portfolio of consulting that I do outside my regular work.
I was in Japan for a very short break before X-Mas and There I found that Asterisk Appliance has a very good chance of becoming "the" Open Source Telephony resource. It is due to their nature. Japanese tend to like well packaged stuff, whether it is food, gadgets or computers. I will be personally carrying one of the Asterisk Appliances when I am going back to Japan in February to install in my friends office.
Thank you again Digium! Giving me the chance point at you when business people are skeptical about open source business'
Digium News Release;
Digium's One Millionth Asterisk Download in 2007 Caps Record Year for Company

Open Source Telephony Leader Enters Next Phase of Business Growth with New Leadership Team, Products, Partnerships and Acquisitions.
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin