Tuesday, December 11, 2007

iPod Touch Gets VoIP alas Without Sound

I was very happy when I started reading the following post on iPod Touch Mods site until I read that there was no sound. Russel Shaw said it the best way "Yea, considering that the “V” in VoIP stands for “voice,” sound would help, eok, dude.". I do not know the sentence or Russel saying dude made me laugh, I never thought I could hear him say that!, Keating may be!
Here is an image of iPod doing VoIP and the statement of *oIP. Never Give up Guys, I am waiting for my iPod thingy to do VoIP, if I can find a Microphone without having to solder. By the way eok used Svsip which is based on PJSIP.

Status (from eok):

to get things clear... we are able to communicate with the sip server.
signaling calls in and out...

but at this moment no sound (in or out) is involved! samuel used sound "Null Devices" for the start.
this is a logical step, since if you put in to many things at one time you never know which part makes problems if there are any. so "sip-communication" is working.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin