SipExchange is a project by CafeSIP and we have been following the CafeSIP projects for a while. In addition to SipExchange, they also produce;
I is a framework for developing SIP server-side applications using the Java programming language.SipExchange, a feature-rich SIP softswitch, (a open-source softswitch) that provides standard SIP services like location, proxy and presencethat can be used by service providers to offer voice, video, chat and other multi-media services to their subscribers. SipExchange could be used in many different ways to manage your communication needs;
SipUnit is a unit testing tool for SIP server-side applications and a bunch of common projects.
- Service providers can use SipExchange to offer SIP-based voice, SIP-based video and data services to their customers.
- Internet service providers can host specialized SIP services for their corporate customers using SipExchange.
- SipExchange can be used as an IP PBX for communications within an office or even inside a home.
- Companies can provide specialized SIP-based services to their customers and partners by extending SipExchange.
- Software vendors can offer specialized SIP-based services to their customers by extending SipExchange.