If you know by now, the skype for iPhone was the turning point for me. I started using in extensively since the Skype for iPhone App was released. Before that We were well known for "uninstall Skype" and "How Not To Be A Skype Super Node"
I used it to call landlines and other Skype members, both in US and abroad, such as Japan. without any major problems and good voice quality. That was until I upgraded to Skype For iPhone version 1.2. I had many problems, that I gave up using it.
But a post by Skype tells us that it has fixed some of the major issues in the Skype or iPhone 1.2.1 in this Skype Garage post;
- Crashing in Dialing and History.
- Erroneous handling of international prefixes.
- Crashing due to special characters in contact names.
- known issues:
- Skype sometimes crashes on login.
- When a call is resumed after being put on hold, the dialpad tones can no longer be heard.
- The incoming call ringtone plays when a user is in Do Not Disturb mode.
- Users are not able to edit phone numbers they have saved in their Contacts.
- Skype Credit balance displayed above the Contact list does not always update when the user purchases more credit. Workaround: Users are advised to sign into their account on skype.com/go/account to check their true credit balance.
- Contact requests that contain more than 50 characters are not legible. Workaround: users are advised to limit the length of their contact requests.
- Blocking a contact does not give response to user
- Canceling Creating SMS does not work
- Sometimes "No network" alert is not displayed when network is lost
- Skype may crash on closing conversation
- New account sign-up password rules are not explained to user