Looks like Skype's new owners have new directions for the company!
On a blog post Skype posted the following and more,
- We will no longer certify new Extras. However, all existing Extras will stay certified until their expiration dates and all unused test tickets will be reimbursed.
- We will continue to distribute applications through the existing Extras Manager in Skype for Windows, but will no longer add new Extras.
- All public API documents will continue to be maintained.
- Skype will continue to support accessories via the Public API.
- The Skype shop will continue to feature currently listed Extras.