Telecentris has released feature and advance perfomance capability packed, socially inclined communication app, VoxOx 2 this month. We were hooked to the app, when we tested the VoxOx 1.0.1 last December and were very happy with the results. We all are looking forward to test the version two once all of us get it installed / upgraded. The application is offered in both windows and MAC platform and we only wish that they offered a Linux VoxOx version as many of us are Linux users. But no worries, we all have multiple machines with different OSes.
Following is the press release;
VoxOx, the first and only free consumer service that unifies today's key communication channels — voice, video, IM, text, social media, e-mail, fax and more — into a single user interface, today unveiled its much enhanced second generation release - VoxOx 2, currently in beta. VoxOx 2 incorporates some highly anticipated new features, such as a Personal Assistant, which answers, screens and routes calls based on individual preferences; worldwide two-way texting from the user's VoxOx phone number; IM integration for Skype, Facebook and MySpace, all in one interface; and enhanced social networking support for Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and much more. The performance of VoxOx 2 is significantly improved with faster load time, more streamlined user interface and less memory consumption. VoxOx 2 also offers full two-way network and contact syncing into the cloud.
VoxOx solves the fundamental challenge of communication overload due to the exponential growth of disparate communication channels. According to Neptop Research, during a typical week, 105 million Americans participate in social media, and seven million Americans partake in six or more social media activities, and connect with at least 248 people on a one-to-many basis. Mobile Marketer estimates that more than 30 billion messages are sent on IM and social networks every single day.
―The explosive growth we've experienced since our initial beta launch just seven months ago validates the need for a product like VoxOx, and with VoxOx 2's enhanced features, functionality and performance, we will continue to solve the communication challenges of consumers worldwide, said Bryan Hertz, CEO of TelCentris, Inc. the company that created VoxOx. ―Judging by our recent win of the Stevie's ‗Best Software Product of 2009' award, and positive user feedback, VoxOx is truly solving consumers' communication overload and will continue to innovate the world's first and only Universal Communicator.
VoxOx 2 features and functionality
Among its key capabilities and features, VoxOx 2 offers:
- "Meta address book" combining contacts from all of a user's disparate communications networks in a single, easy-to-use interface with full syncing of all data into the cloud for access from anywhere
- Integration with major social networks, including Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and others
- True two-way text messaging around the world from a free VoxOx phone number, enabling communication to/from any mobile device from directly within VoxOx
- Telephony services featuring ―dial out capability from a computer, landline or mobile phone, along with a free phone number and 100 minutes of free talk time (with potential to never have to pay for a call again)
- Advanced voice features, including full inbound/outbound calling capabilities, a Personal Assistant, which answers and screens calls, routes callers based on individual preferences, blocks unwanted callers, plays custom ringback tones and more; call forwarding; "one-number- follow-me service"; on-the-fly conference calling; call recording; ability to change caller ID and more
- Two-way faxing capability with no ―usage plans as charged by other electronic fax providers, enabling users to easily send and receive faxes with any fax machine worldwide
- Interconnects users to major instant messaging networks (Facebook, MySpace, Skype, MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, Google Talk and others), allowing members to chat with all their contacts from one service
VoxOx launched on November 3, 2008 and has experienced ten times as many consumer downloads as initially anticipated. In addition, VoxOx recently won the ―Best New Product or Service - New Desktop/End-User or Server Software category in The 2009 American Business Awards, also known as ―The Stevie Awards. VoxOx was also nominated as a Favorite Desktop/End User Software in the first ever People's Choice Stevie Awards.
VoxOx 2 is available for download at www.voxox.com on Windows and Mac. (Minimum requirements: Windows XP or Mac OS X Leopard)
In order to viably offer VoxOx for free to tens of millions of users, parent company TelCentris has engineered and deployed its own proprietary service delivery platform. This award-winning ―Unified Communications Engine offers more types of communication services than competitive offerings. In addition, it is as robust and scalable as any service delivery platform on the market but without the layer of per-seat licensing fees typically charged by competitive solutions.VoxOx