Saturday, January 12, 2008

Skype Mobile, Just A Dream?

Everyone is talking about Skype going mobile and taking over the world, again. Of the few articles I read, I like the CNET's one best and even before reading the article, something that jumped at me was Skype Customer Support Saga.
Even to dream, you need to have your path cleared and customer support, perceived or real is a fact and something that can block the walk to the goal.
Then I have a question about the technology as mobile devices are not real peer to peer clients and which is the medium Skype thrive in (P2P), I guess some poor non mobile souls, supernodes (People might learn how not to be a supernode) will be carrying the mobile traffic of it's neighbors. This might lead to a bunch of them uninstalling Skype!. The other conclusion is that Skype dropping distributed nature of it for going mobile. Which I think train the monkeys again issue. But the trained monkeys need to watched over as in the above customer support story. I wish good luck to Skype and I think it needs that going to need it.
CNET's Skype's mobile dreams
tag: , , , ,

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin