Monday, January 01, 2007

Asterisk for OpenWRT, My linksys wireless router is a Asterisk 1.4 server

As you know Asterisk have been loaded on everything from servers to workstations, routers and virtual machines. But you may know that it is possible to run the Asterisk server from a wireless router too. My favorite wireless router is WRT54G and I have been using OpenWRT so much that I had to get multiple WRT54G routers so that I had a working wireless router for the rest of the household that use notebooks.
So while browsing around OpenWRT forums, I noticed that User Sskol has written how to get Asterisk 1.4 on white Russian RC6 (White Russian is a one version of OpenWRT) and I got to work following his instructions, only to find user Zandbelt has done all the work. He/She also have package for the Asterisk GUI.
So now I am playing with his version. If you are so inclined please follow the links and make your wireless router speak Asterisk. But be warned, these may damage your router and render it non functional.

Links;
OpenWRT Developer Forum discussion
Zandbelt's work
OpenWRT site

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin