Friday, February 06, 2009

Skype 4.0, Impressive.

Image from Skype Site
Even though I do not use Skype much, I have heavy users of skype around me. So I usually get to experience Skype on their computers before I try on my own computer. It was the same case with Skype 4.0, but afterwards, I updated my own because I liked it a lot, much more than the Skype 4.0 Beta. You do not need to uninstall Skype in order to upgrade.
As most users, I am very impressed with the video quality and the experience. I had a video chat with a my friend in Japan and let me say that I was able to notice much more of her face today than I did before. She was also able to clearly show me the details of her new apartment using a wireless webcam. The other features, IM, Voice were pleasant experiences with the new UI. Good Job Skype!
You will be able to read the official release announcement here.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin