- A fully-functional free edition (Switchvox Free Edition)
- A commercial-ready basic business version (Switchvox SOHO)
With the version 4.0, SwitchVox brings following enhancements according to a news release by Digium; For a comprehensive description of features, please visit www.digium.com/switchvox.
- Fax integration-Users can send and receive faxes quickly and easily via Switchvox.
- Video calling-Switchvox supports video phones that use the codec standards H.263 and H.264.
- Instant messaging-Switchvox includes a private chat server that uses the widely adopted, open XMPP protocol. The Switchvox Switchboard offers a Chat Panel, or users can select their favorite XMPP-based client.
- Centralized presence-Presence and status details for call and chat activity are visible across multiple peered Switchvox PBXs.
- Web-aware interactive voice response (IVR) tools-Switchvox includes many new IVR functions for building custom applications. These sophisticated tools include exchanging sound files with web applications, setting system-wide variables and more.
- Unified messaging enhancements-IMAP integration provides a standards-based solution for voicemail and faxes. Also, users can customize multiple greetings and e-mail notifications optimized for display on a wide range of devices.
- Organized phonebooks-Employees can organize their contacts into groups and keep multiple phone numbers for each contact. Also, a company directory panel uses type-to-find to help users find extensions quickly for any of their coworkers.
- Call queue improvements-Small businesses and call centers alike will benefit from the ability to log into, log out of and pause a member's status on each queue with a single click, and even add comments that are displayed to supervisors or other queue members.
- Switchvox Notifier-A Windows desktop client provides interaction with MS Office applications. Pop-up notifications show incoming caller details and call history, and one-click options let users quickly add Outlook contacts and dial phone numbers.
- Switchvox Extend-An XML-based API lets administrators create new extensions and access call logs, reports and extension lists.
- Auto-provisioning snom IP phones-Switchvox offers automatic configuration of VoIP phones manufactured by snom technology and Polycom.
- More call options-Switchvox supports BRI-an important step toward expanded international sales, and HD Voice-high-quality wideband audio delivered via the G.722 protocol.
Pricing and Availability
Switchvox SMB 4.0 is available free of charge to customers with a current Switchvox SMB software subscription. For new customers, pricing for Switchvox SMB remains unchanged and begins at U.S. $3,390 for a 10 user system, including hardware, software, a one-year subscription and warranty. The entire line of Switchvox SMB appliances, the largest of which scales to serve 400 users, will be available from Digium and partners world-wide beginning on March 3, 2009. Digium is showing Switchvox SMB 4.0 alongside the company's family of software, appliances and hardware at Digium|Asterisk World at ITEXPO, held February 2-4, 2009, at the Miami Beach Convention Center.