Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Firefox Mobile Aka Fennec Debuts For Windows Mobile.

http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/
Fennec the mobile version of Firefox browser has been around for a while and I tested earliest on a Nokia. But then the regular windows and Mac versions of the Mobile Firefox, Fennec came to be and I did all my fennec testing from the desktop.
So far I really like the browser as I do the regular firefox. But you will notice Google Chrome stuff if you dig deeper. Google, Yahoo, Wikipedia and Answers are default search plugins and the browser relies heavily on touch sliding and on windows you just click and drag.
One can use fennec to see how the mobile web page behaves, if one is developing one. But I am looking forward to the day I can run fennec on iPhone!
The planned next weeks release for windows mobile devices like HTC Touch will have have a big impact on mobile browsing but you do not have to wait. You can down load the current version from the Fennec Project page.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin