HTC has released an upgrade/update to its 2008 HTC Touch Cruise, popular HTC GPS device, boasting a compact design and a bunch of new capabilities.
Of all the features, one stand out and that is HTC Footprints. HTC Footprints enables people to chronicle their special moments by capturing a digital postcard on their phone. This includes Photo, Text notes and an audio clip of the special place with geotagging the location. In addition to identifying each postcard with its specific GPS co-ordinates, Footprints also auto-names each postcard with its general location or area.
In the car the device turns another corner to provide an advanced in-car navigation system. When placed into its accompanying car cradle, the HTC Touch Cruise automatically transforms its user interface into an easy-to-use, one-touch interface that provides seamless turn-by-turn directions.
Following are the released specifications;
Key HTC Touch Cruise Specifications
- Size: 102 x 53.5 x 14.5mm
- Weight: 103 grams
- Connectivity: WCDMA/HSPA: 900/2100MHz. HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- Operating system: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
- Display: 2.8-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with QVGA resolution
- Control panel: HTC TouchFLO™, 4-Way navigation wheel with Enter and HTC Footprints™ buttons
- Camera: 3.2 MP, with fixed focus
- Internal memory: 512 MB flash ROM, 256 MB RAM
- Expansion Slot: microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- Bluetooth: 2.0 with EDR
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- GPS: GPS/A-GPS
- Interface: HTC ExtUSB (mini-USB 2.0 and audio jack in one)
- Battery: 1100 mAh
- Talk time: GSM: up to 400 minutes
- Standby time: GSM: up to two weeks
- Chipset: Qualcomm® MSM7225™, 528 MHz