SIPFoundry and FreeSwitch has joined hands to create a fully featured conferencing server. The conferencing server is based on FreeSWITCH and sipXecs adds ease-of-use Web based management, cluster management, and all the other services provided by sipXecs already. More info is available on the sipXecs Wiki .
Some of the key features of the new conferencing solution include:
The new conferencing application is available in the current development branch of sipXecs (release 3.11) and will get released with the upcoming 4.0 release of sipXecs.
- Every user of sipXecs can have a personal conference bridge. When a new user is created the system can automatically create a bridge extension for that user.
- Users are able to fully control the conference bridge from their user portal (dynamic conference control)
- FreeSWITCH is integrated as a service of sipXecs. It auto-installs and all configuration is done automatically by sipXconfig
- Several FreeSWITCH based conferencing servers can be configured in the system, each on separate hardware. This allows the creation of a massively scalable conferencing solution all with centralized Web management for configuration and process control
- The conferencing server supports a variety of codecs and does proper mixing