Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kill Switch For Your iPhone, Jobs Confirms It.

According to various media, Appl's Steve Jobs has acknowledged that Apple could cripple applications previously downloaded to iPhone and iPod Touch devices.Utilizing a special iPhone Kill Switch that in embedded in the device, be it iPhone or iPod Touch. It could be that applications have special app number that Apple could prevent iPhone OS from executing it.

The so-called kill switch is necessary as a last-ditch option should a malicious application slip through Apple's security checks and make it into the App Store, Jobs argued. "Hopefully we never have to pull that lever, but we would be irresponsible not to have a lever like that to pull," Jobs told the WSj. Yes Job's We know you want to rule the world! Too bad you are not British!

Mr Jobs also announced that in the month since the iPhone 3G was released and the Application Store launched, around 60 million applications had been downloaded for the iPhone and iPod touch. About $30 million in revenue has been generated by the store. Developers keep a 70 per cent slice of this revenue, while Apple take the remaining 30 per cent. Mr Jobs said Apple was on course to make about $360 million this year from the App Store, that is a million a day!.

Get me an iNstinct! or a BlackBerry!

Read more at Computerworld.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin