I love MiFi and that is the reason I got my XOOM, WiFi only. My MiFi is of yesteryear and only serves 3G while new MiFi's with 4G capability are popping up every where. I need to get one and enjoy the fruits like Kevin Tofel at GigaOM does.
I / We like to take road trips, a lot, and National and State parks are always in the list. Visiting these are always fun and we love photography. What we used to do was to carry a GPS and our cameras. But now we have upgraded to tablets, GPS, MiFi and of course cameras with various capabilities, making these trips a marvelous experience.
After reading the review of Verizon's MiFi 4510L, I am sure the experience will be really good, of course provided that you are in the 4G coverage area. 16MB download and 5MB upload allows on to do away with so many camera memory cards that we carry. (This depends on the limit of data usage, as it is, all my memory cards are bigger than the Verizon's monthly limit of 5GB)
The Verizon MiFi 4510L has following features,
* 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
* Backward compatible with the Verizon Wireless 3G network
* Simple one-touch connectivity
* Intuitive eInk® display with status indicators
* Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2 and VPN pass-through support
* Supports Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems
* Advanced integrated antenna technology
* Battery: up to 5 hours usage
* WiFi connectivity: 802.11b/g/n
* Dimensions: 3.74”(H) x 2.36”(W) x 0.53”(D)
The device is available for $99 with a two year commitment and the data plan will cost you $50 a month for 5GB.
You find the GigaOM review here and the Verizon press release here.