iPhone Insurance at AT&T http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/
Perhaps spurred by the lack of sales of $12 a month on insurance on iPhones, AT&T is taking iPhone owners on another ride, this time with a third party insurance provider, for the price of $4.99 a month that covers everything. (Please read the AT&T information as to "everything") after a deductible of $50 or $125, depending on the iPhone model.
- $4.99 Monthly Premium: Per mobile number enrolled and a non-refundable deductible for each approved claim
- Incidents Covered: Lost, stolen, accidental damage and mechanical or electrical failure after the manufacturer's warranty period has expired
- Non-Refundable Deductible: $50/$125 per approved claim, depending on the device model
- Replacement Time: Next business day (in most cases)
- Claim Limits: Two claims within any consecutive 12 months, with a maximum device value of $1500 per claim
- Replacement Equipment: Claims may be fulfilled with a new or remanufactured device. Colors, features and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancel anytime and receive a prorated refund of your unearned premium
- NOTE: Please keep a copy of your original purchase receipt and/or proof of purchase for your insured device which may be required to process your claim
So read the fine print, analyze those third party insurance providers, before falling for the AT&T or any other insurance deal on your iPhone. We thought AT&T competitor Verizon's iPhone Insurance, is a total rip off.
AT&T press release.