LodSys Goes On Patent Rampage http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/
LodSys have added ten more companies to the list of little App developers and the large companies like HP, Samsung and Motorola Mobility. The difference is they are suing two companies that is seeking declaratory judgment action against LodSys through case filed by ForeSee Results in Chicago.
As usual the lawsuits are filled in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas and the ten companies are
Adidas, Best Buy, Best Western, CVS Caremark, Sam's Club, Black & Decker, The Container Store, The Teaching Company, Vegas.com, and Vitamin Shoppe.
The assertions are;
- adidas America Inc.: "surveys on www.shopadidas.com" ('908 patent)
- Best Buy (BBY Solutions, Inc.): "surveys on www.bestbuy.com" ('908 patent)
- Best Western International, Inc.: "surveys on www.bestwestern.com" ('908 patent)
- CVS Caremark Corporation: "surveys on www.cvs.com" ('908 patent)
- Sam's Club (Sam's West, Inc.): "feedback soliciting FAQs on www.samsclub.com" ('078 patent)
- Black & Decker (Stanley, Black & Decker, Inc.): "feedback soliciting FAQs on www.blackanddecker.com" ('078 patent) and "surveys on www.blackanddecker.com" ('908 patent)
- The Container Store, Inc.: "surveys on www.containerstore.com" ('908 patent)
- The Teaching Company, LLC: "surveys on www.thegreatcourses.com" ('908 patent)
- Vegas.com, LLC: "surveys on www.vegas.com" ('908 patent)
- Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.: "live interactive chat on www.vitaminshoppe.com" ('078 patent) and "surveys on www.vitamenshoppe.com" ('908 patent)
I also like to see some action in the front created by Macrosolve, the other Patent
FOSS Patents again have amassed the information regarding these lawsuits and could be found in this post. You will find many related documents as well as Mueller's analysis.