Thursday, March 20, 2008

Free VoIP Calls, 30 Minutes A Day, 2 At a Time, To Landlines From Your PC

AdPhone a new player in the game offering free phone calls, up to 30 minutes per day to selected destinations. I checked destinations that I call most like Japan, Germany and The Netherlands and were all there. I could call all my friends and family.
But then I noticed the fine print here;

"You have 30 free minutes every day when calling landline phones in all countries listed below.
(The first 2 minutes per call are free. You cannot call the same number for free more than once every 10 minutes)

Additional minutes to selected countries, calls to countries not listed below and calls to mobile phones are charged at our very low rates. Please click here if you would like to buy Units."

So it is not for me but you might still want try it out and the pc to pc phone calls are still free no matter the duration of the call.. It is a new concept for ad supported VoIP calling. There were many other form of VoIP solutions that provided free calls with or without ad support. But it is hard to compete when there are really free VoIP services, like 500 minutes free calls from ooVoo and all calls free with Gizmo5.
The other thing I had to laugh was the site is really ad supported, Google ads like what you see here are in every page and when a full banner of Vonage ad jumped at me, I had to question the motive of the company.
I would prefer to call more than 2 minutes at a time and there are many other Free VoIP Calling solutions that allows me to do so.
tag: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin