Saturday, September 30, 2006

TRIXBOX 1.2 problems resolved, by giving up some.

I was having problems with my trixbox 1.2 installation, two of them, VMware and plain old direct install. I was not alone and I happened to stumble upon freepbx.org's Rob Thomas' post Un-trixbox your trixbox.
I have had problems with Trixbox 1.2, that queues not working, asterisk not reloading, random dropouts, stuttering, clients not being able to connect. And what do I read on freepbx article, solution to all these problems and more. The article really helped me and I wand to direct anyone with similar trixbox 1.2 woes to his article. According to Rob, scheme should work flawlessly for any trixbox-1.2 based machine.

One thing you should be aware that this will stop the usual trixbox stuff from being updated. This includes HUDlite, SugarCRM, any of the non-CentOS stuff. This isnÂ’t all that much of a hassle, as per Rob. It was not a hassle for me. He plans to update his article, I think after his daughters B'day!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin