Thursday, December 22, 2005

LIBJINGLE in IM/P2P jungle? GoogleTalk explains what it is!

In one of my previous posts VOIP IP Telephony: A week in VOIP and IP Telephony, I mentioned about LIBJINGLE and I was excited about it. Apparently, there were many others, according to googletalk blog itself. The search link it gives lists my site in page two!. That is fine. This will be a new era in IM P2P and VOIP, IP Telephony.
As much the excitement, there were some confusion as well about the LIBJINGLE library. So Mike Jazayeri, the Product Manager has taken the task up and explains the scenario's and capabilities as far as GoogleTalk is concerned. I think it is a good read and here are the topics that Mike decided to talk about;
1. Voice calls between other PC IM/VOIP clients such as Gaim, Adium, Psi, etc. And Google Talk.
2. Voice calls between mobile devices and Google Talk!
3. Peer-to-peer applications.

I am sure there are more ways than the above to use this library. I am for one playing with my Jabber server and Asterisk server. I will let you know how it goes.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin