Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Residential VOIP take explosive turn

Few years ago I had a H323 server based on OpenH323.org's software. I was able to provide a desent service over a DSL line. 15000, to 18000 minutes a day. But the the service was nipped in the bud due to mismanagement. Basically I trusted people too much and poeple did not payup. I had to close the service with a loss. But I never lost the interest in VOIP. I see in the news today that residential VOIP is exploding. Well, it is. When I had the service, Vonage nor Skype were anywhere. Anyway I still have the old server (Dell Optiplex G1 233MHz pentium II with 256MB memory). Now I have grown! I have put together a complete server that supports all the current VOIP protocols, H232, SIP, Asterisk etc. May be I will make a live linux cd, so small providers can take the jump. System comes with complete management and billing integrated.
When see the news head lines, some times I wonder, why my fuse did not lit?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin