Saturday, October 08, 2011

Richard Stallman on Steve Jobs. "I am Glad He Is Gone",

Richard Stallman on Steve Jobs http://snapvoip.blogspot.com/
I am a bit more sad now. I always admired Richard Stallman for his beliefs and standings, on software freedom. Thanked him everyday when I used gcc, gdb, emacs and other tools he contributed.
But the following comment on his blog, notepad or what ever you want to call it, made me wonder. Even I with my broken English, could have said it better, even if I did not like Steve Jobs. It is a shame, Mr. Stallman. while you have the right to say what you want to express, find a better way of doing it. I did not like What Apple did to BSD, or the way Apple goes after Android. But I really wish Steve Jobs is still among us, who knows in 10 years, he would have turned OS X free.


Steve Jobs, the pioneer of the computer as a jail made cool, designed to sever fools from their freedom, has died.
As Chicago Mayor Harold Washington said of the corrupt former Mayor Daley, "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone." Nobody deserves to have to die - not Jobs, not Mr. Bill, not even people guilty of bigger evils than theirs. But we all deserve the end of Jobs' malign influence on people's computing.
Unfortunately, that influence continues despite his absence. We can only hope his successors, as they attempt to carry on his legacy, will be less effective.



Stallman

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin