Google Switch, iOS > Android snap VoIP
Few years ago, we tried to switch an iPhone (iOS) account to an Android phone. It was not a happy or even close to happy event. So I was really curious about Google's "Switch", a website aim to help users of Apple iOS devices to Android. Say iPhone user frustrated with new iPhone 6 Dyegate and wan to embrace Nexus 6.
The instructions blew me away, it is so easy with the new Google+ app for iOS. Here are the instructions to move all your photos over (There is a limitation of 2048x2048 photos and videos longer than 15Min on the free storage, 15GB, provided by Google);
- On your iPhone, download the Google+ app from the App Store.
- Open Google+ and sign in using your Google account (i.e., your Gmail address and password).
- Select "Auto Backup" for your photos by selecting the menu icon, followed by the gear icon at the top right. Now go to "Camera and Photos", touch "Auto Backup" and switch it on.
- Sit back as all your photos are being saved to the cloud.
- Open the Photos app on your new Android device to see all of your photos from your iPhone or iPad.
But that is not all, here is how you transfer your iTunes library, up to 20,000 songs. Once done, you can access your music on any device, as long as it has a web browser;
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad is fully synced to iTunes on your computer. Your music should all be backed up on your computer when this is done.
- Install Google Play Music Manager on your computer. Music Manager will upload your iTunes music to the cloud. You can download Music Manager here.
- Finish setting up your Google Play account by creating a Google Wallet account.