Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Unlocked iPhone 4S, May be coming!

I have been looking for the pricing on Unlocked iPhone 0.5, oops unlocked iPhone 4S but I could not find anywhere. But after reading Apple's iPhone FAQ, it looks like there will be unlocked iPhone 4S. I do not like to mess around with my carrier and since the phone is dual mode, I do not want to be locked in to AT&T for another two years (But the stories of AT&T improving it's network has me thinking about it again as I still have an unlimited data plan with the carrier.). As per AT&T's pricing, I guess it will be phone's price plus $325 so 16GB iPhone 4S will be about $525, 32GB for about $625. Yes I will get one! Could I have a black one please!
In any case, I think I will get an iPhone 0.5. If not for anything, just to show my friends who laughs at me for my bad accent "look my iPhone can understand me why can't you?" But will it understand me? is the question now.
Here is what apple FAQ says;


When I buy from the Apple Online Store, does my iPhone come ready to use?
Yes, if you have selected a mobile phone carrier. When your iPhone arrives, all you have to do is turn it on and follow the onscreen instructions to set it up. There's no need to call the carrier or visit a store to complete the activation. If you have selected an unlocked GSM phone, you will need to acquire a micro-SIM from the supported GSM carrier of your choice and activate it in order to use your iPhone.
Macrumors is telling us that the unlocked iPhone 4S will cost $649 and $749 for 16GB and 32GB phones. If that is the case, it might be cheaper to buy AT&T phone and cancel the contract at $325 penalty.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin