Monday, June 06, 2011

World IPv6 Day Starts Tomorrow. Test Your IPv6 Connectivity And Get Ready To Participate.

I am happy to have been involved with IPv6 for a some time now. I had access to IPv6 networks at the University but not at home, this was about six years ago. Actually I could not wait until my ISP provided IPv6 support. So I started using IPv6 over IPv4 (6to4) to connect to my iPv6 networks from home.
But now things have changed greatly and I have IPv6 connectivity from all my regular hangouts.

So I am looking forward to connect to all the web sites that will enable IPv6 connectivity tomorrow. So who are these websites? It is a union of more than 400 websites, companies under Internet Society, that have come together to promote IPv6 usage.
"On 8 June, 2011, Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Akamai and Limelight Networks will be amongst some of the major organisations that will offer their content over IPv6 for a 24-hour “test flight”. The goal of the Test Flight Day is to motivate organizations across the industry – Internet service providers, hardware makers, operating system vendors and web companies – to prepare their services for IPv6 to ensure a successful transition as IPv4 addresses run out."
There are instructions and guide lines needed for you to participate in World IPv6 Day:

You can also test IPv6 connectivity using this test. Google has also provided a place to test your IPv6 connectivity,  at ipv6test.google.com.

So get ready and join these companies and put the fear IPv4 address' running out under us, behind us!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin